[dmd-internals] DragonFlyBSD Support

Diederik de Groot ddegroot at talon.nl
Sat Dec 16 22:00:17 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 at 18:37:14 UTC, Dave MacFarlane
wrote:
> I tried your changes, Diederik, and they run and pass all tests
> on my DragonFly 5.0.2 system, but I had a quick look and some
> of the system constants in your code don't match the C system
> headers (for things that don't affect the compiler or tests.)
>
> For instance, compare the event types in event.d
> (https://github.com/dkgroot/druntime/blob/master/src/core/sys/dragonflybsd/sys/event.d)
> vs the system header in event.h
> (http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/blob/b479b18f8d1d047fbe99e46084e9aeff702c62f2:/sys/sys/event.h)
>
> I'm not sure if it's worth taking the time to audit them all
> before you send a PR or if it would be better to get something
> in and then fix them up after, but either way it seems to be
> working.
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Diederik de Groot via
> dmd-internals <dmd-internals at puremagic.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for testing and checking. Fixed event.d just now (thanks).
I did most of the conversion in the hope that the unittests would
catch any mistakes. If you do find any other, do let me know, or
send a PR against my repo. I tried to do the conversion
carefully, but  because of the amount of files it is quite a bit
of a task. Especially having to go through everything twice
(bootstrap and master).

I don't mind waiting a little before sending in the PR while we
finish this up. Maybe we should add some unittests to catch these
types of porting issues (if possible). How did you find this one ?

Regards,

Diederik