[dmd-internals] DMD bootstrapping version requirements

Iain Buclaw via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 17 01:16:25 PST 2017

On 17 February 2017 at 04:43, Daniel Murphy via dmd-internals
<dmd-internals at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Why exactly do you need that switch to convert the backend?  As long
> as the source files are passed on the command line and have a module
> declaration then they don't care which directory they are in.

Even then, it's not a major problem as I can - and infact currently in
the process of doing anyway - backporting the new switch and
implementation to the C++ port.

I don't think you can even call GDC as being 2.068 anymore either, you
can look at the changelog on github, but for example:

https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/387
https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/392