[dmd-internals] process / tool issues

Brad Roberts via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 6 15:48:27 PDT 2017

So, what's missing from the current tooling and processes that has
allowed these two scenarios:

1) 3 pull requests to master marked for auto-merge for weeks to not be
merged:

     https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1679 - 23 days
         broken on continuous-integration/jenkins/pr-merge

     https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1732 - 30 days
         broken on continuous-integration/jenkins/pr-merge

     https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1831 - 9 days
         waiting on continuous-integration/jenkins/pr-merge

2) 7 pull requests to stable to sit for days/weeks/months?  Pulls to
stable should definitionally be simple low risk changes.  The oldest one
is from August 2016.

I'm starting this thread in hopes that improvements can be made.
Minimal time should be spent on how we got to that state or if it's
anyone's fault.