[dmd-internals] The proposed -Xcc dmd option would be quite useful for PLplot for the -pthread case

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 00:38:44 UTC 2019

 Cool! Glad to have helped.  Best of luck with your work.
Mike

 Hi Mike:

On 2019-09-24 22:42-0700 Alan W. Irwin via dmd-internals wrote:

> So I anticipate with some additional work
> this support will be perfect (this time with no -pthread issue) on
> Linux and also Darwin for dmd 2.088.0.

That, and everywhere else I referred to 2.088.0 should obviously be 2.089.0 since
2.088.0 is already released.

> By the way, I discovered for 2.087.0 that the Linux install after the
> build did not provide a working dmd because [... object.d]
> was missing from the install.

That issue (now fixed) was caused by my dmd build script not properly installing
the druntime component.

So the result of running that script today as follows:

./dmd_git_build.sh HEAD

(where HEAD updates all local repositories to the server master HEAD version before building)

is that

install/linux/bin64/dmd -preview=noXlinker

is so far performing exactly as advertised (i.e., with different -L semantics).

So I now appear to have everything I need to move forward again with
implementing CMake D language support for dmd (with
-preview=noXlinker), and thanks very much for your key help in making that
possible.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project