[dmd-internals] 64-bit compilation in Wine

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Dec 30 13:53:36 UTC 2020

On 29 Dec 2020, at 18:37, Chris King via dmd-internals wrote:
> Am I missing something?  It looks like the linker is trying to use
> cryptographic functions and fatal erroring?  Any tips?

IIRC LLVM is using these just to generate random numbers. As to why it
fails to run on Wine, no idea.

This is really more of a Wine/LLD/DMD question, though, than anything
specific to LDC.

As for the dependency on Microsoft's C runtime libraries, you can use
the mingw-w64-based libraries with LDC as well
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/mingw-w64-libs), although I'm not
sure whether they are currently shipped with the installer by default.

  — David