[ENet-discuss] [Q] auto-disconnect timeout ?

Benoit Germain bgermain at ubisoft.fr
Fri Nov 26 07:31:21 PST 2004

Hello,

When a client dies while connected to a server, the server generates a
DISCONNECTED event after a while. When running a little test with both the
client and server on the same computer, that 'while' is about 15 seconds.
This seems to be controlled by the ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_LIMIT value. If I
change the value from 32 to 64, the delay is now ~ 50 seconds. Also, by
looking at the code, I understand the observed timeout is dependant on the
actual roudtrip duration that the server observed.

So, the question is: can I specify a timeout setting that will yield
predictable results, and how ?

Benoit Germain
mailto:bgermain at ubisoft.fr <mailto:bgermain at ubisoft.fr>

Person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
-- Chinese Proverb

People who think they're smart annoy those of us who are.
-- double-U's Proverb ?