[Greylist-users] Re: Empty MAIL FROM:

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Fri Aug 22 16:51:06 PDT 2003

Evan Harris <eharris at puremagic.com> wrote:
>Spammers have tended to abuse the use of the null address, but since it is
>also used for legitimate mail notifications, I would not recommend bouncing
>them.  Use other methods.

Evan is right, "thoughts on that" are that you'll be added to one of the
RBLs if you do anything to block such mail since it is not only described
in the RFC he mentioned, but one that is actaully "standard": RFC1123,
sections 5.2.9 and 5.3.3.

See also:
    http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/
in particular, the DSN listing criteria.

-philip