[Greylist-users] getting started

Christopher Baker chris at chrisbaker.net
Thu Dec 11 22:09:31 PST 2003

> It depends on your mail volume (hundreds or millions
> a day?), and you should care more about your bandwidth
> and disk than CPU/memory, as greylisting is nearly
> free processing-wise (unlike full text filtering).

I should have clarified. I will be doing mail just for myself. I send
and receive about 40 messages a day.

Bandwidth is plenty. My questions deal mainly with getting such a system
setup. If I was running a server for a large organization, I certainly
would care about bandwidth.

> You certainly will not be able to buy a computer
> that is too slow for a personal SMTP server,
> even a PDA would probably be overkill.

I am thinking of using P3 450 with 384 MB. That should probably be
enough.

What operating system is best for graylisting?

Chris

"This Christmas season does something to us inside. It sets us on our
feet and gives us a cue as to the way we should go. Our part is to
carry on from there, to carry this spirit which comes to us at this
season into the rest of the year. Then it may be said of us, as Dickens
remarked of one of his characters, 'It was always said of him, that he
knew how to keep Christmas very well.'" --Edmund Opitz
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris at chrisbaker.net, chrisbaker at iname.com, cbaker2 at columbus.rr.com
"When you stop growing, you start dying."