[Greylist-users] Re: GroupWise is the Devil

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Mon Jul 7 09:30:12 PDT 2003

Scott Nelson <scott at spamwolf.com> wrote:
>I don't think it's reasonable to expect programs written prior
>to April 2001 to conform to RFC2821.  RFC821 only says
>"the sender-SMTP is encouraged to try again."
>But that's no excuse for turning a 451 after RCPT into a 551.

Actually, we're talking about a _much_ more recent product:
  See: http://www.novell.com/products/groupwise/
  News and Events:
  Mar 12 2003 GroupWise 6.5 is launched at CeBIT in Germany
  Feb 26 2003 GroupWise 6.5 Ships

>I'm not claiming it's not broken, but my experience with these
>kinds of problems tells me that it won't be fixed in anything
>approximating a timely manor.

That matches my experience, too.

-philip

--
Philip Kizer, Senior Lead Systems Engineer, Texas A&M University
USENIX Liaison to Texas A&M University         <usenix at tamu.edu>