[Greylist-users] mail from internal domains not delayed?

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 15 21:34:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Eric S wrote:

> Interesting.  Actually, I like the way I handle it in my alternate
> greylisting implementation

Your way is similar to the solution that I'm using now, except that mine
isn't hardcoded, and will match any local interface.  You might want to
change yours the same way.

So, where is your code?  Got a url for us, so we can look it over?  If you
like, I can give you a space in the cvs server here as another
implementation.

> $dataRef (where I keep all data, and even gather all the headers) gets
> pickled at the end of each callback, and restored when the next callback
> is called, so I always have that flag available, and that's how I
> determine if I should do a greylist test (or autowhitelist in the near
> future).

Yeah, early on, I tried to use a hash to pass between the callbacks, and
Sendmail::Milter didn't like it, so I went to the null delimited string I'm
using now.

> The various IP addresses that the regex matches are the machines that that
> server will relay for.

Why aren't you just putting those in the db instead of hardcoding them?

Evan