[Greylist-users] General Q about the milter interface and greylisting.

Eric S ejs at bfd.com
Fri Jul 18 17:33:49 PDT 2003

Well, I've got my greylisting implementation stable and I'll probably post
it somewhere publicly accessible this weekend or Monday.  It needs a good
bit of cleanup before anyone else would consider using it, though.

During all my playing around, I've managed to come up with a few questions
that may or may not be addressed already.

First, how does one tell if the rcpt to: is valid?  My implementation is
collecting a few rows of data with a rcpt to: of non-existant users.
Sure, they'll time out before too long and get nuked, but I'd rather not
have them there in the first place.  In addition, I'd like to yank a few
chains if someone is running a dictionary attack against me :-)

Second, short of recompiling Sendmail to use Berkely DB 3.X is there any
decent way to get at Sendmail's access.db?