[Greylist-users] HELO

Eric S ejs at bfd.com
Mon Jul 21 13:42:16 PDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Alan Batie wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 08:33:40AM -0700, Eric S wrote:
> > I haven't looked over the autowhitelisting code, but it's possible that if
> > you send email to yourself, you set up an autowhitelisting entry that's
> > letting this stuff through
>
> I have to whitelist my domain to make sure mail from my users doesn't
> accidentally get filtered, unfortunately.  Also, cron (mail to/from
> the same address is one of the things that raises your spamassassin score).

Filtered at what level?  If you want to prevent Greylist from delaying
mail from your local network, whitelist the IP addresses instead.  Much
harder to forge (impossible if you've got your routers set up to prevent
spoofing at your borders).

As for spamassasin, never used it, my custom filter (in use at work, I'm
greylisting at home without rule-based filtering) has a simple check to
see if the email ever went outside our local network, and if it didn't,
whitelists it.  I'm sure a similar rule can be created for spamassasin,
though without knowing spamassasin, I couldn't write it myself.