[Greylist-users] Milter error with latest CVS

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 21 18:20:20 PDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Nathan A. Stratton wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Evan Harris wrote:
>
> > Are you sure you have the right entry?  If it says skipping checks, you
> > should not be getting the tempfail.  As a matter of fact, the "IN EOM
> > CALLBACK" tells me that this mail was successfully passed (unless you have
> > another later milter that blocked it), because if we were blocking it, we
> > would have seen the ABORT callback instead.
>
> Yep, I just dropped the database and tried it again:

Aha!  Looks like I have a bug if $tempfail_messages_after_data_phase is set.
I'll fix that tonight.  Disable that, and it should behave better.

> > No.  Milters are additive.  If any milter or sendmail rule would block the
> > mail, it gets blocked.  Using relaydelay.pl will not make other parts accept
> > the mail when they normally wouldn't.
>
> Any way to change that? I would love sendmail to use the relaydelay
> whitelist if possible even if it is dns blacklisted.

You can turn dns blacklist checks off for certain hosts, but that's a
sendmail feature.  Check out

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/anti_spam.html

Evan