[Greylist-users] threads

martin dempsey mjd at digitaleveryware.com
Sun Jul 27 14:57:46 PDT 2003

> Well, it's taken longer this time, but last night, relaydelay maxed out
> the threads on mysql again.  I killed relaydelay and then waited until
> it was actually gone, then checked and sure enough, most of the threads
> disappeared, and it's still sitting at 9 with relaydelay running again.

I don't want to start a flame war, but you might try exim + greylisting
rather than sendmail + greylisting. If your configuration isn't too
complicated, setup is easy enough even without any exim experience you can
give it a try and see if you like it. There will be a learning curve since
the exim config file is very different (but nicer IMO) than sendmails.

Exim handles heavy load pretty well and has config directives that allow you
to set different behaviors (like queue mail only) when the load level exceeds
a maximum.

On the other hand, I can't even convince my own brother to switch. Hes got
something like 20 years experience with sendmail and isn't going to look at
anything else even if someone holds a gun to his head.

Oh well.