[Greylist-users] qmail implementation

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 17:09:28 PDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Eirik Oeverby wrote:

> Anyone working on a qmail implementation should definitely let
> us all know ;) I imagine it'll be a bit difficult (more so than with
> exim, anyway) since qmail-smtpd needs to be wrapped in some way. If
> someone could tell me how to do that, I could easily implement the
> filter and the database itself, but I don't have the time to investigate
> how to tap into qmail-smtpd.

No one has contacted me about a qmail port/implementation yet, though exim
is apparently in the works, and postfix has been looked at.

Unfortunately, postfix apparently doesn't appear to have a mechanism to
communicate the IP address of the remote system via its filtering
mechanisms.  It may require a frontend smtp proxy.

Evan