[Greylist-users] Waiting until after the DATA phase.

Corey Huinker corey at corlogic.com
Wed Jun 25 14:18:06 PDT 2003

> The point I'm trying to make here is that in both cases,
> the ISP is trying to make the customer happy.  Sure, we want
> to save bandwidth, but if we can stop 90% of spam by doubling
> the bandwidth, that's a /great/ tradeoff.

A very good point.  But geez, how are the CFO and shareholders going to
feel about $8.14 million spent over the year in the name of slowing down
spam for everybody else on the net?  If that ever showed up as a balance
sheet line item (and you're right, it probably wouldn't), they'd be mad.

And that assumes the level of spam stays constant.  I've heard horror
stories that spam global spam volume doubles every few months.  I can only
measure my own spamassassin mailbox, where I got 150 spams yesterday.

Your point is still well taken, bandwidth isn't precious to everybody.