[Greylist-users] qmail implementation - correct this time, I hope

martin dempsey mjd at digitaleveryware.com
Thu Jun 26 19:46:17 PDT 2003

> I also renamed the executed program from qmail-env-scanner to
> qmail-envelope-scanner as people suggested 'env' is traditionally
> used to represent 'environment' and thus it could be easily confused.

I wrote a wrapper for the "C" greylisting code I wrote for exim so it will
work for qmail. I didn't have to change a single line of the code I used for
exim but just provided a "main" function and some glue. With my code and your
qmail patch, you should be able to do greylisting with qmail.

You can download the code for qmail from
http://digitaleveryware.com/projects/greylisting/

Unpack the tar file and type make. It will build a qmail-envelope-scanner
program that you can use. If the TCPREMOTEIP environment variable contains
the ip address of the sending MTA, and the program is called with the 1st
argument set to the sender addres and the 2nd argument set to the receivers
address it should work. The return codes are as you discussed in the previous
emails.

I don't have qmail so the only testing I did was from the command line. From
the command line it works fine and modifies the mysql database exactly as it
should. It also writes the gory details to /tmp/greylist_debug.txt  by
default.

Of course you also need a working qmail with the patch.

Good Luck, let me know how it works.