[Greylist-users] Not exactly a greylist question

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 27 19:14:31 PDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Eric S wrote:

> What are the issues involved in running two seperate Milter daemons?  Do
> you have to configure them differently, or do you just have them run off
> the same socket/filtername combo? (unless they're willing to share the
> port, I can't see that working).

Assuming you're using the sendmail milter, no issues at all, as long as you
use a different socket.  Just add an additional INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line to
your sendmail.mc describing any additional ones, and recompile your
sendmail.cf.

> What kinds of interactions will I see if I run other Milters in
> combination with the greylist Milter?

There should be no problem with that.  As a matter of fact, I'm running with
two milters right now, relaydelay and amavis-new-milter.

Evan