[Greylist-users] Running relaydelay on RH9, DBI problem

Calvin Browne calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Thu Nov 20 23:14:37 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 07:20, Evan Harris wrote:
> Ok, I've new had a couple people contact me about problems using
> relaydelay.pl with RH9.  Looks like we found a resolution, so I'm posting
> it to the list so others can find it in the archives.
>
> The problem manifests itself as relaydelay starting fine, but as soon as a
> mail comes in and the milter gets called, it gives an error like this:
>
> Assertion tbl failed: file "sv.c", line 9168 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 430.
>
> The resolution appears to be to upgrade DBI (and possibly also DBD::Mysql)
> to the latest versions from CPAN, and the problem goes away, so it looks
> like a problem with the versions RH9 ships with.
>
> Evan

I've been successfully running it for the last two weeks after using

perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'

breaks rpm dependencies (so make sure perl is up to date first), but
after only getting two spams in the past two weeks from that mail
server, it was worth it :)

I also played around with DBD::Mysql and but it wouldn't compile - I was
wanting to get it working on another two boxes that route mail I receive
and document exactly the steps I followed before posting to the list....
Will do so as soon as I can actually get them done :)

--Calvin

 Calvin Browne calvin at UniForum.org.za c at lvin.co.za
               Office phone: 080 314 0077        +27 11 314-0077
               http://orange-tree.alt.za Mobile: +27 83 303-0663
               Call me for Linux/Internet consulting