[Greylist-users] greylisting implementation

Morris Maynard morris at maynidea.com
Thu Apr 1 11:58:55 PST 2004

I think I see the signs of a religious war here. Lots of people use sendmail
(including me) and are reasonably happy. Greater ease-of-use is claimed by
other programs, but in my research the main competitors (QMail, Exim,
PostScript) are all equally difficult to set up and maintain; just reference
the *extensive* discusison in this very group over getting Exim and
Postscript to work. There are claimed differences in security, but as
sendmail is most commonly used it's to be expected that more exploits were
discovered. When an exploit is found it is fixed rapidly as sendmail is
well-supported. There are also claimed differences in performance but
Sendmail works fine for many large sites.