[Greylist-users] Skipping greylisting based on SPF?

Valor Romá romalopez at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:14:22 PDT 2004

If my experience can help, I have been using this approach for time
ago. First, SPF check. If SPF PASS, no other checks done, mail passes
to mailbox. If SPF FAIL, mail is rejected. If other result, then
greylist, DNSBL, etc. etc.

In all this time I haven't detected just a single spam message than
came from a SPF PASS check. This solution works very well for me.

Most of the days, I don't even detect one single spam coming to my
system. Some days I just see 1 spam coming through. And that spam
coming through has passed greylist after retrying 1400 seconds and
also a sender address check. But SPF PASS seems 99.999% reliable for
me.

--
Sincerely, Valor Romá