[Greylist-users] greylist lib in C? + several Q's

Graham Toal gtoal at gtoal.com
Sun Aug 29 18:49:18 PDT 2004

> And turning on greylisting in a learning mode (recording triplets but
> not tempfailing any mail)

I don't think that tells you anything - you won't know whether or not
they would have retried.  I think you do need to tempfail, but do so
at the DATA command rather than the RCPT TO stage so that you can
log what mail *wasn't* retried and do QA on it to see if any of it
was ham.  Or if really paranoid, time out on the retry and reinject
it automatically (ugh).

PS It will be a week or two until I'm able to do these experiments -
pretty tied up right now rolling out my spamfilter system for our
University - we go live on 1 Sept.  I'll prototype it at home first -
I used to run an ISP and after all the accts being disabled for 2
years, I turned them on again and get about as much spam arriving
at home as my whole University does!