[Greylist-users] can greylisting be done per-user on a multi-domain box?

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Sat Aug 28 22:18:50 PDT 2004

Hi Miles,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 08:37:57PM -0700, Miles Keaton wrote:
> Can greylisting be done per-user on a multi-domain box?
>
> We're using Qmail on FreeBSD for webhosting - about 200 domains per
> server - and I think our clients could really benefit from us enabling
> greylisting as an option on the server.
>
> But is it possible for some domains to enable it, and some domains to
> bypass it?  Or is it only a system-wide solution right now?

It's implementation dependent. I've got experimental support for per-user
configs available for qpsmtpd, and it works well with my greylisting plugin
- I've got a couple of small production servers that have been doing
selective greylisting for a few months now. See
http://www.openfusion.com.au/labs/qpsmtpd/ for the plugins if you want to
try it out.

Cheers,
Gavin