[Greylist-users] best mail server for graylisting

Tom Haapanen tomh at motorsport.com
Sun Feb 22 08:27:50 PST 2004

>>We are using Sendmail 8.12.9 with Milter processing about 20,000 messages a
>>day.  It took me about 15 minutes to get relay delay setup with sendmail and
>>have been very pleased with its performance so far.  I suggest using it with
>>MySQL 4+ and INNODB tables.
>>

>What are INNODB tables?

INNODB tables are a newer table type for MySQL, with transaction
support.   Personally, I think MyISAM is 100% fine for greylisting,
given the extremely simple database structure.

Our mail volume is also around 20,000 message attempts per day;
relaydelay.pl and MySQL 4.1 are using up less than 5% CPU on a P3/700
server.  milter-spamc and spamd use a bit more, but still the machine is
largely idle.

Tom