[Greylist-users] How do you know when you are ready?

martin dempsey mjd at digitaleveryware.com
Mon Feb 23 16:44:53 PST 2004

> How do you know when you are ready? How do you test it?

> I installed Exim, mySQL, and some PERL modules...

The best way to test greylisting is to telnet directly to port 25 and
manually type in an SMTP session. Look at the results and (if you are using
my greylisting code for exim) you can also check the debug file in /tmp if
you have that compiled in. Should be pretty obvious when its working
correctly. Try from a couple different IP addresses. You can manually change
the times in the mysql database with a sql command if you don't want to wait
the hour delay. The standard exim log files and eximon also show you whats
going on.

Good Luck