[Greylist-users] How do you know when you are ready?

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Feb 26 12:19:42 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:52:46PM +0000, Franck Arnaud wrote:
> Using the IP only you do lose some effectiveness, because when
> spammers do send multiple spams from 1 IP, they usually cycle
> their from addresses, which is perfect for greylisting with
> IP+from.

That's a good point; now that I think about it some more, I'm surprised
using the ip address only works at all.

As for large directories, some filesystems may be able to handle them
efficiently, but humans don't, nor does the shell ("rm *"; "Argument
list too long").  Granted, humans probably don't have much reason to
look in there, but it was an easy change...

--
Alan Batie                   ______    alan.batie.org                Me
alan at batie.org            \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
-Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US President (1858-1919)