[Greylist-users] qMail Setup

Rob Bos rbos-greylist at novylen.net
Wed Jan 7 13:26:58 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:54:26PM -0500, Administrator wrote:
> I am trying to setup greymail with qMail.  I have installed the
> digitaleverywhere version.  I am having 2 problems though.
>
> 1.  It looks like my smtp auth is no longer working.

Put your relay control before greylist, and make sure RELAYCLIENT is set
if it is allowed.  Also, unset QMAILQUEUE if you have that patch
installed - in my system that means allowed-relay doesn't get checked
for spam.

The greylist program should check for RELAYCLIENT and not attempt
greylisting.  this is how relay-ctrl works, which is the package I
used.

I also used qgreylist, which behaves that way, and this program ought
to do the same.

--
Rob Bos, rbos@{novylen.net,constainia.net}, urban bumpkin

"If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would
choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives,
not the pattern of their words.  I think he would prefer an honest
and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God,
God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul."
		-- Isaac Asimov