[Greylist-users] Re: Greylist Greatness! My New App is Now Available!

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Fri Jul 2 12:48:25 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 14:41, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Please do not call it "open source" if it's not free software.

Read his blog for enlightenment.  It's actually quite amusing.  I'd also
*HIGHLY* recommend auditing this code before you blindly install it.
I'm fairly certain that this does nothing more than block *ALL* email.
If it even does that..  It's all PHP based code.

> Your "BSD" License says a lot of things, many of which make your
> software to be non-free, according to every free software definition
> that I know.

Bill could be loosely defined as a Troll.  This is apparently all done
in fun.  At least, I really, really hope so.  He pulled something
similar on the full disclosure list when he posted an alert about a
"Crypto Virus" that ran on port 443...  :)  Really, really funny..
Great stuff...  Just goes to show that you can't just believe everything
that everyone posts.  :)

> I suggest that you use a well known license, like the GPL or a real
> BSD-like license.

It's meant to be fake, I'm sure..

--
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."