[Greylist-users] Greylist gravy train ends in 3-6 months

Christopher Baker chris at chrisbaker.net
Sat Jul 17 18:48:53 PDT 2004

> It took me 3 seconds to come up with this idea and algorithm.  Any programmer
> could write it and test it within one hour.  The next virus or trojan payload
> upgrades all the zombies and infects more new zombies.  Greylisting is dead,
> long live greylisting!

It might be more productive to spend more time trying to make something
that works even better than graylisting. It is true that spammers might
figure it out, but it is already going to increase the cost of sending
e-mail for them.

Chris

"I'm not gonna go up onstage and dress different.
Britney Spears goes up onstage and dresses like a
showgirl. She's not being herself up there because
she's dancing like a ho." --Avril Lavigne
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris at chrisbaker.net, chrisbaker at iname.com, cbaker2 at columbus.rr.com
"When you stop growing, you start dying."