[Greylist-users] Bagley: version 0.01 available

Franck Arnaud franck at nenie.org
Wed Mar 3 09:16:41 PST 2004

Tim Freeman:

> In the case of YahooGroups, it never sends a bounce message to the
> sender.  However, it does add the bounced email to the list of bounced
> emails for your Yahoo ID so the intended recipient can visit
> groups.yahooo.com to get them later.

I think yahoogroups has several personalities which behave
differently. For example, the thing that forwards messages to
the -owner alias does not retry, does not add 5xx bounces to
the list of bounced emails, and always use the same envelope
from (one per list). The thing that sends the list messages
does as you say, and will stop sending if there are too many
bounces. I guess other admin messages work like the -owner
alias.

> I agree with the previous poster that Yahoo also uses variable
> envelope return paths

If I'm not mistaken, the envelope is fixed per message
(new envelope = new message, not new attempt), so a
message retry should go through, it's just that every single
list message will be delayed.