[Greylist-users] New whitelist entry: register.com!

TSS Support support at tss.net
Wed May 26 09:47:39 PDT 2004

I've been trying to transfer a couple of domains away from register.com.
Now, I assumed I was getting their e-mail because all their marketing spam
was still coming through. Of course that was naieve and I ended up giving
them another $35 because one of the domains expired while I was trying to
transfer it away. Anyway, the short of it is that their marketing servers
retry aggressivly enough to get through my (fairly loose) greylisting. I
have it just set to require two tries in three hours, with no time delay
necessary. It's loose, but it minimalizes the delay and still tosses out an
amazing chunk of spam. Anyway, their customer service servers only retry
once per day.

So, if you are planning to transfer a domain from register.com, make sure
that 216.21.229.220 is on your whitelist.

-Keith