[Greylist-users] Can we add a greylist header?

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 16 09:59:17 PST 2004

You could modify it to do so, but it would not be trivial, and it would onl=
give a guess as to the delay, since relaydelay doesn't track individual
messages (it doesn't look at the msgid, and in fact some portion of message=
don't even have one until it's added by the local sendmail).

If you're not too worried about the age of the correctness of the reported
delay, you can add a header to the message in the eom_callback that
indicates the age of the matched triplet record that allowed the mail to
pass, which may be good enough.

If you want it to be more precise, you'd have to add something to the db
tables to track message id's, and configure relaydelay to not reject mails
until after the data phase (so it gets the headers), and then report the ag=
of that msgid record in the headers when the message is passed.  This way
would be considerably more work.

Evan