[Greylist-users] Looking for updated list of bad (but good) senders

Ken Raeburn raeburn at raeburn.org
Mon Sep 13 16:39:22 PDT 2004

Evan Harris <eharris at puremagic.com> writes:
> A few people have sent me updates, and I have added them into the list when
> it seemed appropriate and safe.  But taking submissions/corrections for the
> list is a little problematic due to the fact that I usually can't personally
> confirm that the sites/ip's submitted have a problem, but I also want to be
> careful to not include false/incorrect information.

True.  To some degree I think it's a reputation issue.  You could note
who's sent in what and who the purported sender site is and why it
should be whitelisted, and if others complain about spam from some
whitelisted blocks, well, we trust that submitter and everything else
they sent in that much less.  (I'd like to see reasons anyways; not
all of the current entries have them listed.)

Of course, spammers could just invent new addresses to use when
submitting their new entries, so previously unknown submitters perhaps
shouldn't be trusted much, maybe just big-ISP reps and people active
on this list, or something....

Ken