[Greylist-users] My problem with greylisting

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 15 17:23:24 PDT 2004

I've had to contact several mail admins about badly behaved servers, and
I've found that once you get to the person responsible for the mail
server(s), and you point out that they aren't RFC compliant and the specific
section they should be aware of, they are usually very interested in fixing
it.

The only exception is when it's a small organization with a clueless (or no)
admin who doesn't know anything, in which case it's usually better to speak
to a business-type and suggest they get someone more clued.  They may not
understand the details, but if you tell them their server isn't following
the required protocol specs and is likely to "lose" mail, they will look
into it.

Evan