[Greylist-users] Backup MX and forwards

Lars Clausen lc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Wed Sep 22 07:33:57 PDT 2004

Just jumping in to hear if greylisting is a hopeless idea for me.  My
situation is the following:

My current mail server raeder.dk is behind a backup MX system that my
ISP requires, blocking SMTP from all other hosts.  This is common in
Denmark as a measure to... decrease spam:(  This would make greylisting
at my current server impossible, yes?

The greater part of my spam comes through my UIUC address, which is
forwarded, most frequently through university servers (for @cs.uiuc.edu
and @uiuc.edu addresses) that send to a server I control, which then
forwards to raeder.dk.  While I could greylist on my own server, the
forwarding through university servers would make greylisting useless for
those as well, right?

Posting this partly to allow other users with the same problems to find
the answers.

-Lars