[Greylist-users] Which greylist system for fastest & easiest installation?

Mark Pecaut mark at pecaut.us
Fri Apr 22 07:19:33 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:54:58PM -0600, Bob Beck wrote:
> 	Spamtrap target addresses for greylisted hosts.
> if a greylisted host attempts to mail to a spamtrap address
> he's blacklisted for a day, which for OpenBSD spamd means
> he'll get stuttered at at 1 char per second. Nothing happens
> if a previously whitelisted host mails to it.

Greytrapping has cut my greylist in half.  Of course, it is
only for a handlful of users but the reduction has been
consistent.  Personally I'm not a fan of blacklists but I
like greytrapping - it only punishes them if you know they
are sending you spam and only then for 24 hours.

Great work, Bob.

-Mark