[Greylist-users] SMTP/AUTH before greylist problem

Ingo Freund rogger31 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 02:19:41 PDT 2005

Christine Kuhlmey schrieb:
> On 03-Aug-2005 Ingo Freund wrote:
>
>>Christine Kuhlmey schrieb:
>>
>>>I'm running sendmail 8.12.10 with greylisting.
>>>We have the problem that SMTP/AUTHorized users
>>>do also get the greylist TEMPFAIL message, if the
>>>relay_ip:mail_fromm:rcpt_to triple does not exist in the database.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to allow ANY SMTP/AUTHorized user to send
>>>emails without being checked by relaydelay?
>>>
>>>Any help from you is greatly appreciated!
[...]
>>use the whitelist option
>

> That won't work: I need to whitelist about 2000 sender addresses.
> On the other hand whitelisting a sender's email-address (mail_from) is not
> possible as far as I know. There is no dedicated relay_ip address
> because it changes whenever our users dial in via their different providers
> from home.
>
> Any other clue?
>
> Regards
> Christine

without changing the source of relaydelay.pl there
wan't be any chance to fullfill your requirements.

Because of that and some other reasons I changed from
relaydelay to milter-greylist some time ago.
I find it better, easy to understand/handle
...and it can do what you want.
see here: http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/

Bye - Ingo.