[Greylist-users] Perl sendmail milter that doesn't use DB?

William Blunn bill--greylist at tao-group.com
Thu Feb 24 02:38:53 PST 2005

Landin, Mark wrote:
> I'm a Perl hacker of modest skill, so I was interested in the Perl-based
> implementations of greylisting. However, I was also intrigued by the
> memory-based (db-less) implementation afforded by milter-greylist.
> (Mainly because I'm not going to have the time to figure out MySQL for
> the time being). My C skills are quite a bit weaker than my Perl skills,
> does anybody know of an in-memory Perl implementation for Sendmail? If
> not, would anyone be interested enough to make it worthwhile to help me
> hack one up?

Er, "no" to pretty much everything you wrote.  Sorry.

Perl <=> MySQL is *pretty* straightforward.

There is a lot of code out there that you can crib for examples.

I think it would be FAR easier to get to grips with Perl <=> MySQL than
to re-invent the wheel and hack up your own database.

Re: in-memory database for greylisting.  I don't think this is a good idea.

This has been thought about by those who have experience of greylisting
and know how it needs to work.  Greylisting requires a persistent (i.e.
on-disk) database.

Bill
be legally privileged.  If you have received this e-mail and you are not
+44 118 901 2999 and then delete the e-mail from your system.  If you
are not a named addressee you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute,
print or rely on this e-mail.  Any views expressed in this e-mail or any
e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  Tao makes no representation or