[Greylist-users] spamd question

Graham Toal gtoal at gtoal.com
Wed Oct 12 12:05:04 PDT 2005

> #    would be nice to just let this pass to the same IP as requested
> #    so that we don't need to hard code the address of the mail server
>
> rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from <whitelist> to port smtp -> $in_mx
>
> # Allowed connections SHOULD go through by default from here on
> # but unfortunately it is not working so we need this extra rule
> # which explicitly redirects them to the server they were calling anyway  :-(
>
> rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-white> to port smtp -> $in_mx

I think I just worked it out...

the two rdr lines above are replaced with:

pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from <whitelist> to port smtp
pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-white> to port smtp

before any of the other pass rules.

I think after working on this for a week I finally have everything the
way I want it!   Time to write it all up before I forget ;-)

Graham