[Greylist-users] Adelphia vs greylisting

Barb Dijker barb at netrack.net
Sun Sep 25 09:30:53 PDT 2005

We had a problem with a cable company that would not retry soon after
the block (5 minutes), but would retry once at 24 hours and then
never again.  I don't recall what company it was.  So we tried
opening up our retry time to 25 hours.  It didn't appreciably
increase spam, so that's where we left it.  I hate one-off whitelisting.

The spec doesn't say how soon one must retry.  In some logic, for
some sites, waiting a day may make sense.

Barb Dijker x100
Netrack, 3080 Valmont Rd Ste 200, Boulder CO 80301
+1.303.938.0188, toll free +1.888.9Netrack, fax +1.303.938.0177
www.netrack.net