[Greylist-users] limiting greylisting

Sam Kalet skalet at conectiv.com
Mon Jan 9 11:33:34 PST 2006

> I've got a server where I have a few users that want greylisting and
> many who do not.  Can I set up relaydelay such that only specified to
> addresses are checked and everyone else gets mail without greylisting?

We support users opting in and out of greylisting on our systems.  This is
accomplished by adding a whitelist record for each address of a user that
wants to opt out:

insert into relaytofrom (relay_ip, mail_from, rcpt_to, origin_type, create_time, record_expires) values (NULL, NULL, ?, 'PREFS', NOW(), '9999-12 -31 23:59:59')

This query is one result of a larger process that manages antispam preferences
and then syncs them to the individual antispam systems regularly.  When a
user opts in, we remove these whitelist records.

I believe the query above is based on the example provided in whitelist_ip.txt
of the relaydelay-0.04 distribution.  Note that PREFS in the origin_type field
is not part of the bundled schema.  We added this to track which entries are
from the antispam preferences system as opposed to the provided MANUAL and AUTO
origin_types.

Sam