[Greylist-users] machine gun

Matt Prigge mprigge at pobox.com
Fri Jan 20 14:35:02 PST 2006

Are the connections concurrent or sequential? There may be a way to
introduce some delay into the SMTP conversation that would effectively
slow things down and save you from getting entirely obliterated. Maybe
something as simple as introducing a 15s delay in between the From:
and To: on tripples that have been denied (and not accepted) more than
X times (tunable of course). I don't imagine that would be hard to add
to the code, but, depending upon what you're seeing, it may or may not
help. The spammers are likely using threaded delivery engines, so that
may not help there - the legit ones really shouldn't be trying to
deliver the same message more than once at a time though. :-)

- Matt