[Greylist-users] machine gun

William Blunn bill--greylist at blunn.org
Sat Jan 21 13:08:44 PST 2006

Paul Venezia wrote:

>...or take my approach. If > 10 tempfailed messages matching the same tuple are seen in 14 minutes, that server is blocked from accessing port 25 indefinitely.
>
>Works great, although I have an ipf rule with >30,000 lines at the moment.

If I ever try to send you a message, your server will inappropriately
block my server and give me no means to get through to postmaster at
your domain.

My Exim4 server is configured to retry every minute for the first 15
minutes, specifically to get messages delivered through greylisting
systems as quickly as possible.

This isn't me playing the devil's advocate; this is how my server was
already actually configured.

Bill