[Greylist-users] Stopping "machine gunners" - not really a

Brian Ross bsr+greylist at qualcomm.com
Mon Mar 13 10:08:28 PST 2006

Jochen Bern has written patch to sendmail which implements a maximum
"mail from:" limit.

I've played with it a bit in testing and it definitely works, though
I've only used it in a test environment so I can't  vouch for its use
in production.  FWIW reading the provided Revision History gives the
sense that Jochen is working closely with the sendmail community and
that the patch may be included as a feature in future release.

Here's the URL:
http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~bern/sendmail/Patch-bm/

I'd be curious to know about your results if you put this into your
production environment.

Brian Ross
IT Engineer, Sr. - Messaging Services
Postmaster - QUALCOMM, Inc.