[Greylist-users] Getting greylisting to scale

Victor S. Grishchenko gritzko at plotinka.ru
Sun Oct 8 04:02:14 PDT 2006

thing сообщил(а):
> I ahve run greylisting at home for 9 months with great success (thanks
> guys!). Now I am looking to bring it into
> What areas will need work tweaking over the out of the box setup?

Derive MTA whitelists from your existing logs to prevent complaints during
the transition/learning period. G/l has two pain points: (a) initial
learning and (b) db loss (i.e. learning again). See http://oc-co.org/p2pwl
for some scripts.
Also, I've much benefited migrating from postfix+perl+mysql to
postfix+postgrey; BDB eats much less than MySQL. (BTW, some BDB-driven
implementations have reputation for unreliability: improper locking or
something.)

--
	Victor S. Grishchenko