[Greylist-users] If we implement postgey - emails are delayed by up, to four hours

Chuck Amadi chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com
Tue Feb 20 09:22:22 PST 2007

Hi List

A collegue has some reservations about greylisting in general because of the

inherent delays that would be introduced. I am concerned that the top
management will not be impressed when important emails are delayed by up
to four hours, especially since that delay is dependent entirely on the
third party's mail server retry schedule, and thus beyond our control to
configure.

I have installed postfix and postgrey at my last employer and I didn't see any issues
but are the above reservations warranted As I thought the longest possible delay
in 5 mins using the default settings and once whitelisted will never have to go through
the grey listing process again plus the the fact I could also pre add any important email
address or domains to whitelist_clients list which again avoid going through grey listing process.

Please advise and if possible any good links So I can read and digest as I personaly
would like to implement grey listing.

Cheers

--
Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel:   +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.