[Greylist-users] Only greylist selected local domains (exim)

Dave Ewart davee at sungate.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 13:07:30 PDT 2007

I installed greylistd under Debian and it added the following to my
exim4 config:

- ------------------

acl_check_rcpt:
  #
  defer
    message        = $sender_host_address is not yet authorized to deliver \
                     mail from <$sender_address> to <$local_part@$domain>. \
                     Please try later.
    log_message    = greylisted.
    !senders       = :
    !hosts         = : +relay_from_hosts : \
                     ${if exists {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}\
                                 {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}} : \
                     ${if exists {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}\
                                 {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}}
    !authenticated = *
    !acl           = acl_whitelist_local_deny
    domains        = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
    verify         = recipient/callout=20s,use_sender,defer_ok
    condition      = ${readsocket{/var/run/greylistd/socket}\
                                 {--grey \
                                  $sender_host_address \
                                  $sender_address \
                                  $local_part@$domain}\
                                 {5s}{}{false}}

- ------------------

I'm trying to make greylisting work only for selected local domains, not
*all* local domains, so I modified the 'domains' line like this:

- ------------------

    !domains       = : \
                     ${if exists {/etc/greylistd/skip-domains}\
                                 {/etc/greylistd/skip-domains}{}}

but that doesn't seem to have any effect.  In fact, *no* change that I
make to the domains line seems to have any effect whatsoever.  Whatever
I do, all mail to all local domains remains greylisted.

Any ideas?

Dave.
- --
Dave Ewart - davee at sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee at jabber.org - freenode: davee
All email from me is now digitally signed, key from http://www.sungate.co.uk/
Fingerprint: AEC5 9360 0A35 7F66 66E9 82E4 9E10 6769 CD28 DA92