[Greylist-users] Any benefit to changing the TEMPFAIL message?

Albert E. Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Thu Jun 19 04:21:28 PDT 2008

I have been using (and supporting) the GreyListing software (our own
version of course), and was wondering if anyone had found any value with
changing the standard TEMPFAIL message?

The only reason I ask this is because some users, and also some Servers
will send an email but never retry.

While I understand that the users which send a message directly to us
will see the TEMPFAIL message, they do not necessary understand that it
means to retry it again shortly.

Additionally, the servers that do not resend (wow is this inane), I just
do not know how to kick those servers hard enough.

While I can look up the servers that do not ever resend their messages,
I still cannot reach out and pull the emails from their servers.

Any Suggestions?
--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant