[Greylist-users] list status

Gerard Earley gerard at whitecurve.com
Sat Jun 19 06:35:23 PDT 2010

I agree when the greylisting is running as expected there is no need to
generate much traffic about it.
Apart from adding some whitelists to the DB, its been almost setNforget
for us.

That said Ive supplemented the greylisting by running scripts that do
the following:

    * Add IP's from my mailserver's antivirus when the number of virus
      "hits" goes above a certain threshold per IP address.
      These blocks are set to time out in 1 day and its saves a modest
      amount of work for the antivirus.
    * A Script to remove mailing list entries from the DB. List managers
      such as MailMan use a unique from address for every message.
      This can add many thousand entries to the DBin a very short amount
      of time.

Gerard