[MudWalker] Targetable Actions

Kevin Reid kpreid
Mon Sep 8 05:52:21 PDT 2003

Blastron <blastron at mac.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to have actions that allow you to target something?  For
> instance, is it possible to have an action that, if you typed "target
> Joe" , would cause a series of commands to be triggered, such as
> @@target=Joe, with Joe as the target of those actions?  I tried the
> ^(*.) thing that is used in triggers, but I have had no success.  Could
> you please help me?

I'm not sure what you're asking. MudWalker has nothing called an
'action'. I'm guessing you want aliases.

Do you want the commands to be sent immediately, or do you want to
choose a target and enter other commands which use that target?

For the first case, create an alias something like this:

Command: target
Script:
  command1 $$arg[1]
  command2 $$arg[1]